Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dead Space Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sitic
EG n00b
EG n00b

Dead Space Review Empty
PostSubject: Dead Space Review   Dead Space Review EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 12:08 am

Summary: The basic story outline for Dead Space includes a man named Isaac Clarke, an engineer, going to a space station called Kellion, to repair the USG Ishimura. Him and his three man crew start out with a rough landing and thinks gradually get worse. After some investigating they find that there is an alien infestitation on the space station! The crew's new goal quickly becomes survival against these aliens. The basic idea behind the aliens is they infect dead humans to reanimate them to life, in which case they become more of the aliens, known as the Corruption. Just to give you a bit more, Isaac's ex-girlfriend was on-board the station and Isaac has lost contact with her.
Graphics for Dead Space can be down right disguisting at times! Limbs flying off, blood squirting out of creatures, flesh burning, legs chopped off, the list goes on and on. Textures look fine, as do character models. Lighting and environments can be flat out jaw dropping if your machine can handle it. Graphics are a great selling point to this game all in all.
-------------------------
Graphics: 8.5/10
+Gore can be very realistic.
-Textures can seem underdone at times.
+/-You can't escape the gore!
Gameplay for Dead Space is very much constrewed to be a Survival-Horror. The developers made the camera view so close that you feel vulnerable at almost all times since you can't see behind you very well. Guns are small in numbers, but remember what they say, quality over quantity. Each gun is really seperated from the next, so you don't get any clones here. Another great thing about this game is how immersive it is, your health bar is on your back and your menus are shown as holograms, so at no point do you exit the game unless actually leaving it. The scare factors are also very potent, I don't know how many "Oh S*@t" moments I had during my playthrough of it. The scares are rarely pop-out/surprise scares, they are genuinely scary scares, as in you are almost afraid to fight the enemies. Gameplay is another great selling point for Dead Space!
Gameplay: 9/10
+Very immersive factors.
+Quality guns, no clones.
+Genuinely scary!
Sound is a truly astounding thing in Dead Space. They found a way to make you feel like you're in space as well as scare the crap out of you with the music alone! It really is a great thing when a game nails the sound and they certainly did a great job with this game. No complaints from me on sound.
Sound: 9/10
+Very scare-inducing sound.
+Actually sounds what space would sound like... maybe.
Final Thoughts:
Dead Space is a great game, the story is a bit dry at times. But the overall package is great. The only thing that could really make it better would be an online component. Replay value is a huge demerit on this game to be honest, much more worth a rental than an actual purchase. Still a great run while it lasts. For scare freaks, this is definitely a game for you!
--Overall: 9/10--

EG elite
I Luv Haters

Dead Space Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space Review   Dead Space Review EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:30 am

I've seen my friend play it. It looks cool but from what I've seen all you do is shoot little things on the ground. Seems kinda boring.
Back to top Go down
http://elixir.omgforum.net

Dead Space Review
Page 1 of 1