Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resistance 2 Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sitic
EG n00b
EG n00b

Resistance 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Resistance 2 Review   Resistance 2 Review EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 12:02 am

Summary: Resistance: Fall of Man was a great hit for the first days of the PS3's life. It gave hope for a great console, with great titles to come. It also started a story that could have been so much more which is continued in Resistance 2, except this time they really brought out story, and characters. Nathan Hale really has some life thrown into him this time, instead of being the average silent protagonist FPS character, he actually talks, and interacts with his team! Resistance mainly takes place in America, but it starts you right off where Resistance: Fall of Man ended, which is great so you don't miss out on anything. Overall Resistance 2 is a great success in many ways, it upgrades from the previous title in story, and gameplay. Insomniac has really learned their way around the PS3 and it shows in Resistance 2.
Graphics haven't changed a great deal, but you can tell that Insomniac took more time on details. Gore factor has been greatly updated, in certain points you can pick out organs from the blown up stubs once known as fellow soldiers, and Chimera. Environments have changed a decent amount, there is a more diverse area, and you don't feel like you're constantly running in the same rooms like other games. Overall graphics have improved, but not by a wide-margin, but it really wasn't necessary to change all that much looking back on Resistance: Fall of Man.
-------------------------
Graphics: 8.75/10
+Gore can be disgusting at times.
+/-Not much has changed since the previous game.
Gameplay has almost been completely overhauled. They kept the good things, and observed games like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare to get the best of the best gameplay options. One new feature for the offline mode at least, is the sprint button. Also, for Story, and competitive mode they have taken away the health bar, now it goes by the on screen health, which heals after a given amount of time depending on how much damage you have taken. One really big change that has happened is boss fights, in Resistance: Fall of Man you really didn't have too many boss fights, or at the very least you didn't realize it was a boss fight. In Resistance 2 you fight gigantic monstrous juggernauts several times. For one fight you have to take down a giant the size of skyscrapers in Chicago! Insomniac took an interesting route with bosses, I would like to say they did good on all of them, but they really didn't just swing and miss for some. For the most part gigantic bosses really brought you into the world, and you saw the trouble that earth was facing against the Chimera. Overall gameplay has greatly improved whether it be with gun upgrades, or boss fights Insomniac has done their homework.
Gameplay: 9/10
+Gigantic boss fights.
+Sprinting and health upgrades from the previous game.
-Less weapons than last time.
Music really never wowed me in Resistance 2, but FPS games rarely do in terms of sound. Monsters sound well... monstrous, and all. But in terms of music, and the feel it should give off in such an epic game/environment really lacked in my opinion. This could just be me, and my ridiculous standards which I really don't have in terms of sound, but Insomniac kind of let us down. Voice acting on the other hand was pretty good throughout, so no complaints here as far as that goes. Overall I'd say it evens out to a mediocre sounding game.

Sound: 8/10
+Voice acting, and lip syncing was good.
-Music wasn't as 'epic' as it could have been.
Final Thoughts:
Resistance 2 is a great game overall, and is well worth a pick up from any FPS fans. It beets out games like Call of Duty in terms of online play, and story in my personal opinion, and it just really is a fun game to play. Online is great with Co-op, and Competitive play. Overall a great package to tide you over for many months!
--Overall: 8.75/10--

Founder
+ua.bgalex

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2 Review   Resistance 2 Review EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 12:04 am

This game looooks TIIIIGHT! I sooo wanna get this bro.

BTW good review.
Back to top Go down
http://elixir.omgforum.net
I Luv Haters
EG elite
EG elite
I Luv Haters

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2 Review   Resistance 2 Review EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:35 am

It looks very interesting lol. I'll probably check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://elixir.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2 Review   Resistance 2 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Resistance 2 Review
Page 1 of 1