Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resistance: Fall of Man Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sitic
EG n00b
EG n00b

Resistance: Fall of Man Review Empty
PostSubject: Resistance: Fall of Man Review   Resistance: Fall of Man Review EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Summary: Resistance: Fall of Man didn't exactly have a long time for development. It was a launch title for the PS3, and it only had a year or two in the works. Insomniac, well known for platformers like Ratchet and Clank, took there first shot at a First-Person Shooter with Resistance: Fall of Man, and it had a lot of hype to live up to. In the game you take control of an American soldier named Nathan Hale, who fights in a war during the 1940's which wasn't WWII. In this world they live in a race known as Chimerans took over Russia, and spread throughout Europe destroying all that was in their path. Britain was the last area to be taken by the Chimerans for the fact that it was an island. The Americans finally mobilized and headed over to Britain to help them out, and try and stop the virus. This is where the story begins, and you fight your way through an ambush by the Chimerans!
-------------------------
Graphics: 8.5/10
+Gritty war-torn Europe is definitely nice looking!
-Nothing really makes you say "That's ridiculously good looking!"
Graphics Description:
Graphics in Resistance: Fall of Man were a great start, but the circumstances don't exactly permit colorful, vast, lush areas of aww-inspiring visuals. But that's really the problem with most war games. It doesn't look bad by any means, it just doesn't make you feel like you are looking at something impossible last generation. Environments look fancy, and the destruction of Europe is definitely something all should see, character models, and guns aren't exactly something special, but they don't do the game any discredit. Not exactly the game you pick up to show off to others.
+Awesome gun assortment.
-Nothing really stands out from other FPS games.
Gameplay Description:
For an FPS is really does a great job of pulling in great accomplishments of older games in the genre. But the problem is that it doesn't exactly stray out of the normal. Not to say it's run of the mill, it's just that it doesn't incorporate enough new elements in my personal opinion. The guns are the true separator for it, Resistance: Fall of Man incorporates a great selection of guns ranging from snipers that slow down the flow of time, all the way to flame throws! Insomniac definitely knows what they're doing as far as guns go is really what I'm trying to convey here.
-Guns don't really jump out at you.
Sound Description:
Music, and sounds for Resistance: Fall of Man don't exactly stand out, but they get the job done. The music always suites the mood, and environments crumbling always come in on cue. Nothing much to brag about here, but there's also nothing to complain about really. Sound just kind of goes with the flow, and doesn't attempt to stand out.
--Overall: 8.3/10--

EG elite
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man Review   Resistance: Fall of Man Review EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 12:14 am

you should post where u got it from.
unless you wrote all that lol
Back to top Go down
Sitic
EG n00b
EG n00b

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man Review   Resistance: Fall of Man Review EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 12:17 am

I wrote all of my reviews posted here.
Back to top Go down
Abyss
EG elite
EG elite
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man Review   Resistance: Fall of Man Review EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 12:21 am

nice man.
Back to top Go down
I Luv Haters
EG elite
EG elite
I Luv Haters

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man Review   Resistance: Fall of Man Review EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:22 am

I've never played this game before but it looks cool. I might get it for Christmas and try it out.
Back to top Go down
http://elixir.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man Review   Resistance: Fall of Man Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Resistance: Fall of Man Review
Page 1 of 1